- Ryan was the #1 salesperson leading Oil and Gas Derivative Sales Teams while working at Wall Street banks for 13 years.
- He transitioned to multifamily last Spring and has co-sponsored $34 MM in Assets and is a passive investor in over 2,700 units across Texas, OH, Florida, Phoenix and Georgia.
- He launched Life Changing Capital last year and is a data driven multifamily syndicator that takes an institutional approach to a non-institutional segment of the asset class.
In this episode we cover:
- 00:04:50 Filtering out the noise
- 00:08:51 Disqualifying deals quickly
- 00:13:01 Using all in cost to determine a fair price
- 00:15:45 1% rule
- 00:16:28 How long Ryan spends on an initial screening
- 00:18:23 Handling feedback with a broker on a not so savory deal
- 00:20:16 When to involve the external team members
- 00:22:54 Being candid while asking for info on a competing property
- 00:25:01 Staying conservative and the risk of pushing rents