- Mo was formally in the financial services/wealth management area before pivoting to real estate full time.
- He spent 5 years building his portfolio with small 2-4 unit deals and now has transitioned to 50+ unit deals.
- Has nearly 200 units and another 171 under contract.
- He focuses on making sure his projects have some form of value-add component along with cash flowing from day one
In this episode we cover:
- 76 unit deal deep dive on a site unseen property found over Loopnet
- How to get Loopnet to work for you instead of assuming it’s where deals ‘go to die’
- Pricing effects in Midwest markets vs ‘Major Metros’
- How COVID-19 allowed him to save on his debt through local lending
- Managing due diligence and managing risk during COVID-19
- Leveraging relationships with Insurance Brokers to help find the right policy for your property
- How the property has fared under his acquisition during this turbulent economic period