- Kent is the managing director and partner at the firm Birge & Held, a vertically integrated multifamily private equity firm based in Indianapolis IN.
- They are one of the top apartment owners in the country with 15,000+ units
- Kent focuses on mid-size multifamily deals in secondary and tertiary markets for the team
In this episode we cover:
- 00:03:03 Targeting under 100 units
- 00:07:03 Match investors’ goals with the right deal type
- 00:10:57 Overcoming operational inefficiencies
- 00:16:44 More about PropTech
- 00:19:56 Important metrics in secondary/tertiary markets
- 00:22:27 Don’t risk capital you don’t need to
- 00:27:22 5KQ1 - If you could only pick one trait that explains your success, what is that trait and why?
- 00:28:24 5KQ2 - What is the most uncharacteristic thing you’ve done in your business and why did you do it?
- 00:28:59 5KQ3 - Can you name any time where you felt like you were not going to end up successful? How did you overcome that fear?
- 00:31:31 5KQ4 - Can you name a time where something in your business went perfectly and what did you do to make that a reality?
- 00:35:00 5KQ5 - What have you been focusing on lately to improve yourself or your business?