- Director of Investor Relations at Ashcroft Capital, a national multifamily investment firm with more than $820M
- He has been investing in real estate since 2009 in multi-family, single-family and vacation rentals.
- Travis previous background is in the oil industry, spending 100-hour workweeks outside in extreme weather while putting everything he had into cash flow investments.
In this episode we cover:
- 00:03:25 Explaining the process of passive investing to someone green to the process
- 00:05:04 Operators - 1. Market - 2. Deal - 3
- 00:06:18 Controlling what you can in a passive investment
- 00:08:40 Networking to find the right operators
- 00:10:18 Hours spent ‘passively’ investing
- 00:12:51 Getting deal specific
- 00:15:01 Communications with operators
- 00:17:33 Types of metrics on deals Travis looks for
- 00:19:36 Redeploying capital in more deals
- 00:20:56 Expectations during COVID
- 00:22:57 Getting up to speed in the syndication model
Connect with Travis: